Cantalapiedra 'Arenisca' Paraje Los Panaderos, Castilla Y León, Spain 2019

Cantalapiedra 'Arenisca' Paraje Los Panaderos, Castilla Y León, Spain 2019

Regular price
$29.00
Sale price
$29.00
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Style: Red

Vintage: 2019

ABV:  12 %

Region:  Castilla y León

Country:  Spain

Varietal:  Tinto de Toro

Pairing Ideas: Ideal with roasted or richer proteins that play well off of the wines texture.  A simple meatloaf and potato dish would go very well with this wine.  Arenisca has structure, acidity and balance, while still maintaining the typical fruit character of Tinta de Toro.

The grower & winemaking: Arenisca is a cuvee of mostly ungrafted Tinta de Toro with about 5% co-planted white grapes owned by their friend José Bayón who farms organically, and is located in neighboring Villabuena del Puente 20km south of DO Toro. The grapes were hand-harvested in small boxes, 90% was destemmed and crushed to ferment with wild yeasts in steel tank, the other 10% was fermented with stems in open vats.